Sunday 2 October 2011

More Felting

I purchased some more wool offline only to find it is short stable and definitely not ideal for felting, but alas I am a broke student and have to make do.
I tried a new way of felting by which you lay the fibres in different directions in layers, sandwich between two pieces of fabric and tack. The you use the boiling water, soap and scrubbing method again.
   


  
 Laying felt, final felt and the tacking process before washing.


Stitched felt and plain felt


Ideas for application



Light through felts.





I was very please that the felting worked out but because it was done with such short fibres it caused it to be a little itchy and not as strong as it would have been with long fibres. I applied stitching to add a visual effect and link back to my previous fabric and also add strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment