Thursday 15 September 2011

Fall/Winter 2012 - Key/Useful Trends

These are trends that I find particularly interesting and could see working into my collection; some I have previously explored and some I think would help me communicate my concept more clearly and help turn it into a marketable collection. 


Amalgamated: colour, Winter 12/13.
 This is extremely close to my previous colour pallet. These is a soft and hazy merge between light and dark, from gentle nudes to deep forest and foggy blues. This colour pallet is quiet and dreamy which suits my concept very well, it also reminds me of underwater seaweeds and aqua waters.

Flapper, Winter 11/12
 There is come back of 1920's flapper dresses not only in the silhouette but also the highly beaded ilks and transparent fabrics. This look is very glamorous and has feelings of chic romance. For winter garments this would not be very practical but ideas of beaded establishments could be included in subtle ways perhaps in trims or detailed areas. As for the silhouette, with my concept of layering and loose garments it could Incorporated quite easily.


Hand-knit woollens, Winter 12/13.

Wool is perfect for creating cosy garments and it can create many interesting textures. I am very keen on incorporating wool into my next collection as i did in my previous one, I think I will be using a woolen knit to replace my previous constructed wool fabric as it is very time consuming and would not suit the price range of a middle market. Wool is perfect for the winter season as it provides great warmth and is such a great natural resource for New Zealand. The image of the socks gives me ideas about undergarments for Autumn and Winter and also refers to fabric morphing. 

Lean restraint, Winter 12/13.

Silhouettes head south with easy, flowing garments providing comfort and easy movement. Yet again revering back to 1920s and Orientalism -caftans and kimonos. 

Fabric Morphing and Fabric Collage, Winter 11/12.
 The Fabric morphing happening is very similar to what I was trying to achieve in my last assignment, I want to keep exploring this as it adds textural interest in the garment and relates to my concept. Fabric collage might be an interesting way to explore fabric morphing or the merging of memories within my concept (note- the collage is very geometric)

Retro romance, Winter 11/12.

Looks are highly influenced by the 1920's, 30's and 40's and the silver screen glamour, there is an air of sophistication combined with classic masculinity. key elements such as crepe fabrics, dropped waistlines, classic masculinity, fur and beads. I think looking back to the past for silhouettes and styles could help evoke the memory and age part of my concept, I feel especially drawn to the 1920's-30's and the Orientalism within garments at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment