Friday 23 September 2011

Knitting Experiement

 Last Night 



 I decided to give dying the cotton yarn a try, I used blue fabric paints and watered it down. I wanted to wind the yarn up to get different shade variations. I found the dye did not absorb readily so i took out the cardboard cylinder and used a wooden chopstick to give pound the yarn which seemed to help the absorbing process.


Drying out the yarn.





Knitting Experiment



I tried to combine all of the yarns I brought (+ black thread) and create a rough fabric with transition of colour. I tried to create holes here and there to coincide with my theme. This is heavily inspired by Rodarte 2008. This is just one technique I could use to replicate the colour variation happening in my previous collection, I could also try drip dying the pre-knitted fabric which would create a smoother transition. I do however like the textural contrast between the yards

No comments:

Post a Comment