Wednesday 21 September 2011

Fabric Shopping





 Went on a big mission to spotlight and the fabric warehouse. I want to focus on natural fabrics and picked up some natural cotton threads, wools and soft fabrics. I still cant afford silk! perhaps I will just find a fabric that looks and acts like silk to use in my samples. 
There were also some interesting blends in the yarn department. One that was super cheap was a Acrilic and milk blend which I found very unusual (and CHEAP!!) but alas I brought a Wool and Soya blend which I think is more relevent to my all natural theme and the wool is great for winter! I also picked up some fabulous Mohair yarn, some 50%Acrylic 50% Wool yarn and some Organic cotton yarn! I want to experiment with knitting and creating a transition of colour and texture through knit. I think I will dye some of the Organic cotton a light blue to help witht eh colour story.




Natural Cotton thread $2.99
I also brought muslin fabrics and cottons, I got some superfine muslin that im hoping to experiment with light singlets, knicker and bras. I want fabric that feels good to the skin and lets the skin breath, I also brought some mutton cloth which comes in the form of a circluar knit which I think is great! It gave me ideas about singlets and skirts and also means that I dont need side seams ( = less skin irratation), I also though about knitting into it and distressing it.
Light muslin $2.80p/m
Cotton bindings$1.50p/m

Mutton cloth $4.00p/m
Thick muslin $6.00p/m

Little domes (for openings)

No comments:

Post a Comment