Friday 16 September 2011

Kimono Body Suit -Sketch & Photoshop

Brainwave on kimono sleepwear/lounging wear, also a good way to ease back into the designing process.
Rough kimono bodysuit idea -influenced by 1920's orientalisim
Spec drawing
I think it is important to make my design more clearly understood by both the viewer and myself, this can be done through spec drawings of the garments.

Playing with photoshopped fabrics from previous assignment
 To get back into the feel of photoshop I had a play round with layering fabrics from assignment 1 into my design, I think it opened my eyes to the many ways a garment can look just by using different materials.

Overall I think this exercise was interesting and helped to ease me back into the designing process. As for the actual design I do like the idea of the kimono style dress however I think I need to hark back to my original silhouette that had a sense of fragility in order to stay true to my concept, perhaps a fusion of the two?.

No comments:

Post a Comment